Postdoctoral positions in Bioimaging at National University of Singapore
The Zhao Group at the Department of Chemistry and Centre for BioImaging Sciences (CBIS),National University of Singapore (NUS), is seeking two talented postdoctoral fellows to join us, effective immediately from 1 September, 2019 onwards.
Our group focuses on developing and applying advanced imaging-based approaches to quantitatively probe the biophysics of chromatin dynamics at the single-cell level. In particular, we are interested in understanding how molecular processes related to chromatin structure, accessibility, and expression are organized and regulated in space and time. By integrating approaches from optical microscopy and spectroscopy, genome and protein engineering, and computational analysis, our work aims to illuminate the physico chemical driving forces that underpin the spatio-temporal heterogeneities in chromatin dynamics, as well as the physiological implications of their misregulation in human diseases. Our research is generously funded by a NUS Presidential Young Professorship and a Young Individual Research Grant from the National Medical Research Council, Singapore.
Our lab is housed within CBIS, an interdisciplinary research centre devoted to addressing key problems in biology using novel imaging technologies. Drawing diverse faculty from Biological Sciences, Chemistry, and Physics, CBIS also houses state-of-the-art imaging and computational facilities for collaborative research within NUS.
For more information on our group, please visit our websites:
http://www.chemistry.nus.edu.sg/people/academic_staff/zhaozqw.htm (NUS Chemistry)
https://cbis.nus.edu.sg/zhao-ziqing-winston/ (NUS CBIS)
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- A Ph.D. in life sciences, chemistry, physics, biophysics, bioengineering or related fields.
- Expertise in quantitative fluorescence bioimaging. Prior experience with single-molecule/
- super-resolution microscopy, fluorescence correlation spectroscopy, computational image
- analysis, optical instrumentation, molecular cloning or chromatin biology will be a plus.
- Highly motivated, committed, and capable to work independently as well as in a group
- Strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals
- Good communication skills in English (both written and oral)
Compensation and benefits package will be internationally competitive (including annual performance-based bonus, medical insurance and vacation leave), and will be commensurate with experiences and qualifications.
Interested candidates are encouraged to email a copy of CV (with a list of publications), a brief statement of research interests/accomplishments, as well as contact information of three references to Winston Zhao at email@example.com. Positions are available until filled.